Saturday, January 26, 2008

Well-trained entry-level staff make a difference!

Yesterday I stepped into a drugstore chain, and was quite surprised at the well-trained young workers there. When I went to the cosmetics counter and asked for a kit of grooming products,
the young woman regretfully shook her head and said the store did not carry one. However, she walked me to the various aisles and showed me the components I needed. Then, at the pharmacy counter, a "pharmacy cashier" located my prescription, took my money, and smiled as he thanked me by name.

Do these techniques make customers decide to return there for future purchases? Yes they do, and the young workers learn to take pride in their well-learned skills.

What has your best buying experience been, and how did the staff's customer service skills play a part?

No comments: