Monday, January 28, 2008

World-Class Service!

Sometimes service goes so far beyond the expected that it really makes you take notice. Today, my windshield wiper literally flew off my windshield when I turned the wiper on. Thankfully, it did not hit anyone or anything, although it certainly could have. It was also not raining, merely frosty out, and I was trying to clear the last remnants of frost away. Later in the day, I drove to an O'Reilly's Auto Parts store, and spoke to an associate named Jack. Jack helpfully found me the right wipers and cheerfully put them on. I mentioned that my car had had a spill earlier in the truck, and what could he recommend for that? This is where the service gets unbelievable.
Jack recommended a product, which I bought. But when I explained that the spill was in the trunk, and I could not fully get out the carpet in the trunk to clean it, Jack took 5 minutes and competently helped me to do it! Although I had been driving the vehicle for many years, I had no idea how it was put together. Jack truly went beyond what was expected - and he and, by association, his chain, certainly made an impact.

No comments: