Friday, April 19, 2013

Top 5 Questions About Speech Training

As a speech coach, I get asked a lot of questions about the speech training I provide at Business Speech Improvement. Here are the answers. 1. How much does speech training cost? The answer depends on the speech issue (such as foreign or regional accent modification, presentation skills, learning to make small talk, learning to speak slower, communication skills for better leadership, etc). It also depends on whether you want individual or group speech coaching, and how long the training will be. For those who prefer to do the training themselves, to save money or because of distance or scheduling, e-books and other products are available on many speech-related topics. These include presentation skills, diction, American culture, coping with hearing loss, professional telephone answering skills and executive communication techniques. Click here to access them. In general, you save money by having intensive coaching, because less time needs to be spent on reviewing the information. That's why our shortest sessions are 2 hours long, and most of our work is done in full days, or half-days, when schedules permit. The feedback you get from the instructor is invaluable, so you don't practice incorrectly. 2. Can speech coaching help me? The first questions only you can answer, and they are "why is improving my speech important to me?" and "Am I willing to really practice what I am being taught?" If you are motivated and willing to practice, speech coaching can help most people. I say "most" because the rest of the answer will require an assessment or at least a telephone screening. People are not widgets, and no guarantees can be made. 3. How long does the coaching process take?" I need better speech by next week." Yes, I get this a lot! Intensive speech coaching can be done in a short period of time; the exact length depends on the problem. 4. I forget to practice; I'm so busy at work. Can you still help me? The follow-up process uses several approaches to help with this specific issue. 5. I live very far away. Can you still help me? Yes, in many cases. Speech coaching can be done online in NC (USA), in selected other states in some cases, and in other countries. E-books are also an option. Great speech makes business sense! Visit us at www.BusinessSpeechImprovement.com to see how we can help you!

No comments: