Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Going Way Beyond Expectations

Today I talked with a service employee in a small store. Her store has an owner and 1-2 employees. While there making a purchase, I asked how the little store gets customers. To my surprise, the woman told me that it is mostly word of mouth - and some other techniques. In ten minutes flat, she outlined all sorts of free or very low-cost techniques they use, from magnetic signs on their vehicles to online classifieds for the local community, to donating services for auction of a local charitable organization. She was incredibly knowledgeable on marketing on a budget - and on what works for her company. I walked out with a lot more than I expected - and I will definitely give them more word of mouth advertising!

Have you had an experience in getting wonderful service? What made it so great? Tell us about it!

No comments: